Beauty, skin care and nutrition tips for breast cancer patients during therapy
Acknowledging the impact of breast cancer treatment on women’s life quality, Hellenic Association of Women with Breast Cancer “Alma Zois” provides beauty, skin care and nutrition tips for breast cancer patients during chemotherapy (chemotherapy / radiotherapy / hormone therapy) every Wednesday from 11 am to 2 pm .
What body image changes are women on therapy facing?
Women on breast cancer treatment often face partial or total hair loss, partial or total loss of eyebrows and eyelashes, burn, stomatitis or lips irritation and rash.
Side effects impinge on women’s body and self-image, self – confidence and thus affect the overall quality of woman’s life.
Objective of the program
The program aims to improve the patient’s functionality and psychological status through providing personalized information and practical assistance on issues affecting their body image.
The program is funded by the net revenues of Greece Race for the Cure®
What does the program include?
- Beauty, skin care and nutrition tips for breast cancer patients during chemotherapy / radiotherapy / hormone therapy
- Personalized assistance from aesthetician (temporarily suspended)
- Appointment with a nutritionist
- Advice from an Association’s trained volunteer (woman with breast cancer experience)
Entries – Information
Due to COVID-19 pandemic, appointments are made exclusively via telephone or teleconference.
- Appointments take place every Wednesday 11:00 – 14:00
- Everyone interested can book an appointment at 210 41 80 006