"Alma Zois", in collaboration with the Hellenic Breast Surgery Society, offers the Breast Cancer Awareness and Clinical Examination Program for women 20-39 y.o.
The program includes a personal appointment with a breast surgeon of the Hellenic Breast Surgery Society, during which each woman is informed for breast cancer prevention and is also examined. If necessary, the doctor reffers additional free tests (mammography, ultrasound or cytological exam) in diagnostic centers.
The Breast Cancer Awareness and Clinical Examination Program for women 20-39 y.o. aims to:
- inform women aged 20-39 years old about early diagnosis methods
- women to get informed about breast health from a specialist
- women to get familiar with the process of clinical examination
- women to have the opportunity to get examined by breast surgeons and take clinical examination according to specialists’ recommendations.
Since the beginning of the program
- 2735 women were examined
- 1509 women were reffered for further exams
- 1 cancer was diagnosed